Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Hospital!

Ryan and I arrived at the hospital around 10 am on Wednesday October 25th. My doctor sent me in due to me showing signs of pre-eclampsia. So I had some bloodwork done and it did show that my kidney fuction was not where it should be. At this point my doctor decided that it would be the safest route to induce my labor. So around 2 pm I was all hooked up to an IV and they started the induction. I didn't receive an epidural until I was dilated to 5 cm, because my doctor was concerned with how slow I was dilating and with the position Jack was in. Throughout all of my contractions I was dilating slowly but Jack wasn't decending very much. By the time I was 9 1/2 cm Jack still wasn't down far enough and my doctor was getting concerned. After reaching 10 cm and pushinig for 30 minutes, Jack still wasn't moving. At this point my doctor decided that it would be the best idea to perform a c-section.
Finally, at 5:52 am on Thursday October 26th Jack was born! He weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces, was 20 1/2 inches long and beautiful!!! Here are some pictures of when he first arrived!







Ryan and I are so happy and proud to be parents! Jack is the most wonderful thing in the world and we couldn't be more in love!!!

No comments: